Blue Crew Training
New Umpires to PHBA
- Brand new umpires with little or no experience
- Includes umpires from other leagues / associations
- Base Umpire Training
- Classroom Clinic
- Field Day Training Level 1 / 2
- Plate Training
- Classroom Clinic
- New umpires must work at least
4 games as Base Umpire
- Umpires will be Adults Only
- Youths, 17 or under, high school seniors and below, cannot represent a team
- Youths, 14 - 17, may participate in the Youth Umpire Program
Returning PHBA Umpires
- Umpire Field Day Training based on assigned Level from the previous year
- Never hurts to attend a Classroom Clinic to refresh your memory and skills
New Requirement for ALL Umpires 2023
- Upon completion of required training, all umpires must obtain of background check through the Department of Justice.
- The only exception is if you have already completed a background check as a PHBA coach in the past.
- Complete the DOJ Live Scan Form
- Complete the PHBA Background Check Questionnaire and Declaration Form (Consent)
- The Live Scan form should be completed and taken to the Pleasant Hill UPS store located 25A Crescent Drive to have the fingerprints taken. The background check fee is covered by PHBA if conducted at this location.
- The PHBA Volunteer Background Check Questionnaire and Declaration Form should be sent as a PDF attachment to Gary Brown, Custodian of Criminal Records.
Umpires New to PHBA from other leagues / associations
- We recognize we get umpires from other leagues with varying levels of experience. With that in mind, we still require all new umpires to PHBA attend the Classroom Clinic in order to obtain a better grasp on how we run the Blue Crew at PHBA. Let us know right away you have experience. We’ll put “extra eyes on you” during Field Day training and fast track you to the appropriate level once evaluated by the ULT.
Clinics & Events
When: Monday, February 26 Time: 18-2000 (6-8PM) Where: PHBA Snack Shack Conference Room Scheduling Night is for two groups of Blue Crew members. Group One are Rookie umpires having difficulty setting up their personal account in our Blue Crew Scheduler (BCS) app. Group 2 are those veteran umpires who are technologically challenged and have difficulty…
When: Thursday, February 29 Time: 1730-2000 (530-8PM) Where: Back 40 BBQ, PH, CA An ALL HANDS gathering of the Blue Crew on the eve of Opening Day. This is an excellent opportunity for our new umpires to the meet our returning umpires, enjoy free food and beverage, talk shop, talk training, talk about Opening Day,…