This is one of the most common questions we are receiving. We are not able to guarantee anything at this point, but we do believe we will be able to have something of value for all players this coming Spring. We will keep our eye on the opportunities to play games for sure and are considering all options, but the one thing we are relatively confident about our ability to form cohorts and provide great instruction for all of the players who are signed up.
We know $100 can be a lot of money, especially with the word non-refundable attached to it. What can we possibly provide for $100? Well, that is relatively simple to explain, I think…
- Your child will be assigned to a cohort (team) and will receive a team hat or visor, jersey, and socks for the season. These are the same quality uniforms we provide every season.
- Your child will receive several weeks of instruction. Generally there are 4-5 weeks of practice heading into the season. This accounts for 2 practices per week @ 1 hour each. That is a minimum 10 hours of instruction over a 5-week period.
- Your child will be interacting with other players his/her age and will be reunited with old friends…and making new friends.
- For the older players, we plan to have tryouts for summer all-stars even if we can’t play a season. Players who participate in these workouts during the Spring will have the opportunity to improve skills heading into the summer. We are very optimistic that the summer all-stars will be playing this year.
- Finally…if your kids are anything like mine, they are missing their time engaged with something other than the devices that bind them. They are longing to get back on the field to play some ball, even if it is in a modified fashion.
I hope this gives you a little hope and encourages you to sign up. PHBA is doing everything possible to prepare for a real season this Spring, even if it starts a little late.
We look forward to seeing you on the fields!