2023 Pleasant Hill Hawks Spring Season Tryouts Update
The Pleasant Hill Hawks will be holding tryouts for the 2023 Spring Season.
This is an invitation to register for tryouts. The timing and format of tryouts will be communicated to all registered tryout participants. The window to register for tryouts will be September 14th through October 10th. There will be no walk-up tryouts allowed this year. You must pre-register online for tryouts!
The Pleasant Hill Hawks is the premier travel baseball program in the East Bay. The Hawks program prepares players for high school baseball through a combination of competitive game action, professional instruction and a coaching philosophy that focuses on player development and teamwork.
The Hawks have teams in age groups 9u-14u that compete in tournaments and teams that compete in the 680 Diablo League. The typical Hawks season includes 30-40 games and runs from January through June.
All participants must pre-register online with the Pleasant Hill Hawks at https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/336758.
No payment is required at time of registration, and you will not be charged a tryout fee.
Tryouts will take place during the week of October 10th and will be held at Pleasant Oaks Park. Specific dates and times for tryouts will be communicated to all registered players once finalized. Please refer to phhawksbaseball.com and the Pleasant Hill Hawks Facebook page for information as it becomes available.
– Ages are as of April 30, 2023
– For example, if your son turns 10 on or before April 30th, 2023, then he should tryout for the 10-year-old division. If he turns 10 on May 1st, 2023, or later he should tryout for the 9-year-old division.
– If a player wishes to try out for an older division, please register for the age group they wish to tryout for and let us know you wish to tryout for older group when we reach out to you to discuss tryouts.
– All participants, including returning players, are required to tryout.
– Tryouts will start promptly, so please arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your designated start time to allow for check-in and warming up.
– The 12U Hawks will have two teams traveling to Cooperstown, New York and will compete in a week-long mid-summer tournament at Cooperstown Dreams Park. Playing on the 12U Hawks team requires a player and family commitment to travel to Cooperstown.
– All players should be dressed appropriately for a baseball tryout and should have the proper safety equipment (batting helmet and protective cup). Appropriate baseball attire includes baseball pants, baseball belt, and cleats.
– Additionally, players should also have a hat, shirt tucked in, glove, bat, water, etc.
If you have any questions regarding Hawks Baseball, the level of play, requirements, expenses, Cooperstown trip, etc., please email Jeremy Weiler @ email@example.com and Tim Della Maggiore @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Hawks Baseball Co-Commissioners.